What is Microsoft System Center?
System Center provides unified management of any IT environment, including infrastructures that aren't all Microsoft and have UNIX/Linux, AIX, HP-UX and Solaris. System Center delivers agile system administration for the data centre by offering consistent management experiences across on-premises, service provider, and Windows Azure environments. This unique approach helps realize data centre transformation goals by delivering the following attributes:
- Enterprise-class: System Center offers enterprise-class capabilities that can deliver best-in-class management of Windows Server infrastructure and first-party Microsoft workloads.
- Simple and cost-effective: System Center helps reduce data centre complexity. Service templates and runbooks simplify System Center infrastructure deployments. Open and extensible web-based interfaces into System Center capabilities enable easy integration with your existing investments in portals or web-based tools.
- Application focused: System Center focuses on optimizing applications and workloads through their life cycle.
- Hybrid enabled: System Center enables hybrid cloud computing at its core. System Center provides consistent management experiences that span across Windows Server and Windows Azure environments, including provisioning, automation, self-service, and monitoring.
Components that make up System Center are:
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Data Protection Manager
- System Center Service Manager
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center Orchestrator
- System Center Endpoint Protection
Capabilities that the System Center components provide include:
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- Infrastructure Provisioning
- Application Performance Monitoring
- IT Service Management
- Operational Insights
The benefits that System Center can provide when properly implemented can enable IT teams to become more proactive than reactive in managing the IT estate. With efficient monitoring, automated issue resolution and provisioning, end-to-end application management, and IT Service Management, there is enormous scope to improve the efficiency, availability and performance.
Contact Aquilaweb Cloud Solutions today whether you require assistance or advice on any one System Center component, or whether you want to discuss getting the most out of the full System Center suite.